Monday, January 20, 2014

"Wampler" Mixed Media Sign

I liked the sign that I made for my stepdad so much, that I had to make one for myself. I wanted it to be very "girly", the opposite of the one I made for him.

I made the letters the same way, using polymer clay and molding it over a print out of the letters I wanted to use.


Since I wanted it to be gold and pink, I made sure to use clay in light colors that would not show through after I used the acrylic paint. I colored all of the embellishments with Martha Stewart's Craft Paints Pearls in pink. 

Most of the embellishments were made using polymer clay and silicone molds. The fabric flower at the right lower corner I made with some left over lace from a different project. I also added some acrylic flowers in darker pink to maybe add some "bling" and contrast. 


I made a couple of pins to hold it to the wall. The pins were made out of left over stuff I had just laying around. I wanted them to stay in the same tones, pinks and gold. I think they look very "girly". I made sure to use Glossy Accents glue to keep all the components from sliding. 


I rubbed Inka Gold Metallic Rub in red over most of the embellishments to bring out the details. I also added the gold tone rub to the letters, making them stand out from the rest. 

I took the sign to the office and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. 

Thank you for visiting!