Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Believe There is Magic all around You" - Mixed Media Journal Page

I want to share my latest journal page. I had started out with some acrylic paints and some embossing gold glitter. I liked the background so much, I wanted to make it into something special.

Then, I found a picture of a cute fairy online using google image search. I just knew it would be perfect for the page. For the record I did not draw it, I just colored it.


I fuzzy cut the image and pasted it on the page using matte gel medium. I printed it in black and white, so it needed color. I wanted to use my Lindy's magicals to make her shimmer-y. 


I was pretty pleased with the way she looked after. I just love the shimmer the magicals gave. All I had to do was add water. 


It's tough to show in the pictures, but I think in this one you can see some of the shimmer from her hair. 


I didn't want to leave her just hovering, so I thought she would look good on a swing. I wasn't sure if it would look right at the end. 


I also added glitter glue in red and purple to her wings, and I think that just made a big difference. It gave the wings a little bit of dimension.


These are the two acrylic paints and the embossing powder I used for the background and the glitter glue I used for the wings. 

After all that, I was not sure what else I should do. I wanted to add some words to it as well. I gathered up some of my stamps.


These are my new favorite alphabet stamps. I just love the way they look wore out and the size is perfect for journaling and canvas. 


I also got some other stamps that I thought would go with the little fairy. I wanted the page to be very girly and "magical". 


I stamped the flowers and butterflies on regular paper and used matte medium to glue it on. Then I just used the magicals and the glue glitter to color them. 


I also stamped with the scrip stamp all over the page. 


I also added some of the extra strings I had from the swing and glued it to the page in swirls. 
At the end, I used a charcoal pencil to highlight some of the stamped images and a black pen to go around the letters. 

This is the finished spread:


Thank you for visiting!