I was going through my stamps for inspiration, and I found Graphic 45 Bird Song stamps. I really like the fan, because it had interchangeable details. I thought it would make some really interesting hair chopsticks.
I decided to make it with black Premo! polymer clay. I like Premo! better, because it is actually softer and easier for me to work on, since I am still a novice.
I had some actual chopsticks from a restaurant. I decided to paint them black. I wasn't sure how to fasten it to the fan just yet. I used a wire to attach the fan to the rest of chopstick. It did not seem very stable, so I also added some liquid Sculpey to keep it from falling apart.
It took me a few tries to line up the fan outline stamp with the details. The trick was to get the fan form first, because then you can line up the form easier. I baked the fans on top of a bottle to make sure it would keep the form. I used Inka-Gold metallic rubs to bring out the details from the stamp after the clay came out of the oven.
There is still more experimentation to be done, but I did like the results. Hopefully, I can perfect it a bit more.
Thank you for visiting!